Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is the World flat?

     After hearing about this World is flat idea I have really opened my eyes to what is going on around the World. This technology revolution happened so fast a lot of people have not even realized it has happened. I've realized I'm not just competing with kids in the United States anymore...I'm competing with everyone in the World and it is kind of a scary idea. We all now have access to the same downloads and have the capability to upload too and I think a lot of us have not realized that it isn't just the U.S. being able to do this anymore. I really like to think about the idea that whatever can be done will but the only real question is will it be done to you or by you? This idea comes from The World Is Flat bookTo me this idea means that if I do not use my imagination, I have no chance in this changing World, but if i do use it and come with an idea on my own and really go through with that idea whether it is horrible or a great idea, someone else will think of the same idea one second later because the playing field has really become flat.  
    I also learned about how the 19th century belonged to Britain, the 20th century belonged to America, and this 21st century will go to whoever can solve this clean energy crisis. In order for American to win this and catch up in this economic race we will need a major disruption to start this green revolution. Who will start this revolution off you ask? A leader the people will put into office who will make major changes and start this major disruption and hopefully then we can say that the 21st century will belong to the United States too. Either way though as long as this problem gets solved people should be happy. 
    Starting this project I have mixed feelings. I'm excited to meet new people and learn about their life and their everyday routine. I think the actual project will be a little complicated and I hope I'll be able to learn how to use all the tools quickly. Overall though I'm ready to meet new people and ready to start some hard work on this project! Let's get started!

4 comments:

  1. In all i love that we are doing this project together as a class online! Its awesome. And overall its good to know that we all can live by the iron rule of business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's crazy to think about how competitive and how difficult it will be for us to get jobs in the future since the world becoming so globalized. I'm a little nervous for the flat classroom project too! i'm confused on how we are all going to share inforamtion easily...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mackenzie,
    I really share your opinion about the sentence " what ever can be done will be done...", It's kind of scarry but I m now sure that we can't really survive in the bussiness world without imagination, creativity and innovation. we have to work harder and harder but I'm sure that it's going to be even harder for the next generation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the conversation that is going on here. Mackenzie, you provided a good start to spark some interest. It is interesting to think that you'll be competing in a global marketplace. I'm anxious to see how education will change. I hope that more educators embrass the technology changes that are before us so that we can better engage & prepare students.

    ReplyDelete