Monday, December 5, 2011

Student Summit

    Now that we are almost finished with the Flat Classroom Project I realized I've learned a lot of lessons and tools to take from this. The first valuable lesson I learned was that communication is key. It wasn't just needed to make this project to work correctly but I can also take that skill and apply it to school or work and hopefully even in the future. Another valuable thing I learned was how to communicate online. I think in the future this will be a very good tool to have considering technology is getting easier to use and is being used more frequently to communicate every day. It is most likely something I will need in college and beyond. The last lesson I learned was that the World really is coming increasingly flat without us even noticing it happening. I think this is something important for myself and others to know because if I have an idea or thought I need to jump on that idea and do it because if I don't someone across the World will come up with the same thing days later. This brings us back to the central idea of the World is Flat, what can be done will be done, but the question is will it be done by you or someone else?
   Looking back at this project their were a lot of things I enjoyed but their were also a lot of struggles and frustrations. What I enjoyed was that we all got our own ning and that's how you got to know everyone in your group. You could share things like pictures, videos, and music. You can talk to other people in a easy way that was fun for us. It was just like having a Facebook and it was something most of us knew how to use without having many questions. The negative side of this project was that there was a lot of work behind it all for everyone, not just the students but teachers too. In the end I just feel like it was a lot of work and it was especially frustrating when group members would not talk or not participate in the research we had to do. If I could change anything it would be helpful websites the teachers have picked out because I feel as though my topic was very odd, difficult to understand, and hard to find information on.

No comments:

Post a Comment